Welcome to the ultimate guide to the best things to do in Nashville! Music City is packed with exciting adventures, delicious food, and lively nightlife.
If you're a young adult seeking an unforgettable trip or bachelorette party destination, keep reading for our top recommendations. From exploring iconic music venues to indulging in southern cuisine and hitting up bars on Broadway, we've got you covered. Let's dive into all that Nashville has to offer!
Get Your Nashville TN Food Fix
Looking for some delicious Southern food in Nashville? You can't go wrong with hot chicken from Hattie B's. This local favorite serves up spicy, crispy fried chicken that will make your taste buds sing. If you're looking for a brunch spot, head to Biscuit Love where you'll find mouth-watering biscuits and gravy, as well as other delicious breakfast items. And if you want to indulge in classic Southern favorites like meatloaf and macaroni and cheese, Arnold's Country Kitchen is the place to be. No matter what kind of food fix you're craving, Nashville has something to offer!
Try hot chicken at Hattie B's
At Hattie B's, you can't leave without trying their famous hot chicken. From mild to "Shut the Cluck Up," choose your spice level and get ready for a deliciously spicy experience. And don't forget to order a side of pimento mac and cheese - it's the perfect complement to your meal. While you wait for your food, sip on a local craft beer and soak in the lively atmosphere.
- Choose your spice level - from mild to "Shut the Cluck Up"!
- Order a side of pimento mac and cheese
- Sip on a local craft beer while you wait for your food
Enjoy brunch at Biscuit Love
Don't miss out on delicious brunch offerings at Biscuit Love, one of Nashville's most popular spots. This casual eatery serves up Southern comfort food with a twist, including their famous 'bonuts' - biscuit donuts that come loaded with lemon mascarpone and blueberry compote. For a heartier meal, try the East Nasty - a biscuit sandwich bursting with fried chicken, cheddar cheese, and sausage gravy. To beat the crowds (which can get long), consider arriving early.
- Must-try item: donuts with lemon mascarpone and blueberry compote
- Hearty option: East Nasty biscuit sandwich loaded with fried chicken, cheddar cheese, and sausage gravy
- Tip: Arrive early to avoid waiting in line
Indulge in Southern favorites at Arnold's Country Kitchen
'Meat & Three' is Arnold's Country Kitchen specialty, so make sure to indulge in a meat entree and three sides like mashed potatoes, green beans, or fried okra. The cafeteria-style seating and no-frills decor may not be fancy but the homestyle cooking is delicious. Don't forget to save room for their famous banana pudding for dessert!
- 'Meat & Three' specials
- Mashed potatoes
- Green beans
- Fried okra
- Famous Banana Pudding
Best Things to do in Nashville at Night
Get ready to experience the nightlife like never before in Nashville! Start your evening by bar hopping on Broadway, where you'll find a variety of live music venues and bars. From Honky Tonk Central to Tootsie's Orchid Lounge, these lively spots are perfect for a night out with friends.
If dancing is more your scene, head over to Acme Feed & Seed where you can dance the night away to a mix of country and rock music. With three floors offering different atmospheres, there's something for everyone at this popular spot.
For those looking for a more sophisticated atmosphere, look no further than The Patterson House. This speakeasy-style cocktail bar offers handcrafted drinks made with fresh ingredients and unique flavor combinations that will leave you impressed.
Explore Honky Tonk Highway, a strip of bars and music venues on Broadway that is the heart of Nashville's nightlife scene. Start at Tootsie's Orchid Lounge, where legends like Willie Nelson and Patsy Cline once performed. Then make your way to The Stage for live music and some of the best drinks in town. Bar hop until you find your favorite spot or stumble upon a new hidden gem - either way, you're sure to have a memorable night on Broadway!
Dance the night away at Acme Feed & Seed
At Acme Feed & Seed, you can dance the night away while enjoying live music. From country to rock and everything in between, there's something for everyone. But it's not just about the dancing - be sure to savor some Southern cuisine from their menu featuring local ingredients. And don't forget to take in stunning views of the Cumberland River from their rooftop patio. Acme Feed & Seed is a must-visit attraction for anyone looking for a fun-filled night out in Nashville!
Sip cocktails at The Patterson House
Indulge in craft cocktails made with fresh ingredients at The Patterson House. This speakeasy-style bar is the perfect place to experience Nashville's unique cocktail culture. With an extensive menu of expertly-crafted drinks, you'll be sure to find something that suits your tastes.
Relax in the intimate and cozy atmosphere as you sip on one of their signature drinks, like the Bacon Old Fashioned or the Gin Fizz. You'll feel transported back to a bygone era as you soak up the vintage decor and low-key vibe. Don't miss out on this must-visit spot for anyone looking for a truly special night out in Nashville!
What are the most popular nightlife venues in Nashville?
Nashville is known for its vibrant nightlife scene, and there are plenty of great venues to choose from! Here are some of the most popular nightlife hotspots in Nashville:
- Broadway: If you're looking for a classic Nashville experience, you can't miss Broadway. This street is lined with bars, restaurants, and live music venues, and there's always something going on. Some of the most popular spots include Tootsie's Orchid Lounge, The Stage, and Honky Tonk Central.
- The Gulch: Another trendy neighborhood with great nightlife options is The Gulch. Here you'll find upscale cocktail bars, rooftop lounges, and trendy clubs. Some top picks include Bar Otaku, The Thompson Nashville, and L.A. Jackson.
- East Nashville: If you're looking for a more laid-back vibe, head to East Nashville. This neighborhood has a hipster feel and lots of cool bars and music venues. Check out The Basement East, The Five Spot, or The Crying Wolf.
- Midtown: Midtown is home to some of Nashville's largest bars and clubs, making it a popular spot for bachelorette parties and other celebrations. Some favorites include Rebar, Winners, and Losers.
No matter which neighborhood you choose, you're sure to have a great time experiencing Nashville's nightlife!
Are there any local festivals or events happening in Nashville TN?
Yes, Nashville is known for its lively festivals and events throughout the year. Here are a few upcoming ones to check out:
A three-day event featuring top chefs, cooking demonstrations, wine tastings, and live music.
This traditional fair is held annually and includes carnival rides, live music, food vendors, and agricultural exhibits.
A week-long celebration of independent films, including screenings, panels, and Q&A sessions with filmmakers.
A New Year's Eve celebration featuring live music, fireworks, and the iconic Music Note Drop at midnight.
Be sure to check the official Nashville tourism website for a complete list of upcoming events and festivals.
DivaDance is a sexy, sweaty, stress-free dance experience for ALL LEVELS! Our classes feature original, fierce choreography influenced by your favorite music videos and pop songs. You and your squad will feel like backup dancers in a music video by the time you leave. Adults only (sorry, not sorry!)
What places should I visit in Nashville?
Nashville is a fantastic city with plenty of attractions for tourists to enjoy. Here are some of the must-visit places to add to your itinerary:
- Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum- Learn about the history of country music in this incredible museum.
- The Grand Ole Opry- The home of country music since 1925, this iconic venue offers daily tours and live music shows.
- Broadway- This famous street in downtown Nashville is lined with bars, honky tonks, and restaurants, offering live music and entertainment every night.
- The Parthenon- This full-scale replica of the Greek Parthenon is located in Centennial Park and is a must-visit for history and architecture buffs.
- Belle Meade Plantation- Take a tour of this historic plantation and learn about its fascinating history.
- Cheekwood Estate and Gardens- This beautiful estate features landscaped gardens, art galleries, and an impressive mansion.
- Johnny Cash Museum- Fans of the legendary country singer will love this museum, which showcases his life and career.
- The Gulch- This trendy neighborhood is filled with galleries, boutiques, and excellent restaurants.
These are just a few of the many amazing places to visit in Nashville. Whether you're a music lover or a history buff, there's something for everyone in this vibrant city.
Are there any musical events I can experience in Nashville?
Absolutely! Nashville is known as the Music City for a reason. There are plenty of musical events you can experience during your visit.
- You can catch live performances at iconic venues such as the Ryman Auditorium, The Bluebird Cafe, and the Grand Ole Opry.
- You can also explore the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, which offers a deep dive into the history of country music.
- If you're lucky, you might even stumble upon street musicians performing in various areas of the city.
- Be sure to check out the Nashville Live Music Guide to stay up-to-date on upcoming shows and events.
Whether you're a country music fan or not, Nashville has something for everyone when it comes to experiencing live music.
Are there any shopping opportunities I can find in Nashville?
Absolutely! Nashville has plenty of shopping opportunities for all types of shoppers. For unique and trendy boutiques, head to the 12 South Neighborhood.
- This area has a variety of shops selling clothing, jewelry, and home decor. You can also find vintage and thrift stores in this area, such as Savant Vintage and Savvy Clothing Exchange.
- If you're looking for a more traditional shopping experience, check out the Opry Mills Mall. This mall has over 200 stores, including popular brands like Nike, H&M, and Gap. You can also find a variety of restaurants and a movie theater here.
- For locally made goods and souvenirs, make sure to visit the Nashville Farmers' Market. This market has over 150 vendors selling everything from fresh produce and meats to handmade crafts and jewelry.
Overall, Nashville has something for every type of shopper. Whether you're looking for trendy boutiques, big-name brands, or locally made goods, you'll find it in Music City.
What is the best way to explore Nashville?
The best way to explore Nashville is definitely by foot! This city is full of hidden gems, and walking around will allow you to discover some of its best-kept secrets.
- Make sure to stop by Broadway Street and check out the live music scene, as well as the famous honky-tonk bars.
- If you're feeling adventurous, hop on a scooter or bike and explore some of the city's neighborhoods like 12 South or East Nashville.
- Another great way to explore Nashville is by taking a guided tour. There are plenty of options to choose from, including walking tours, food tours, and even ghost tours!
Whatever you decide, just make sure you take the time to enjoy all the sights, sounds and tastes Nashville has to offer. Happy exploring!
Are there any local restaurants I shouldn't miss in Nashville?
Absolutely! Nashville is known for its delicious food scene, so you definitely won't want to miss out on some of the best local restaurants.
- First up is Prince's Hot Chicken. This iconic Nashville establishment has been serving up spicy fried chicken since the 1940s. It's not for the faint of heart, but if you can handle the heat, it's definitely worth a visit!
- For something a little more upscale, head to The Catbird Seat. This intimate restaurant offers a unique dining experience with a constantly evolving tasting menu and open kitchen. It's definitely a splurge, but the food and atmosphere are incredible.
- If you're in the mood for some Southern comfort food, head to Arnold's Country Kitchen. This cafeteria-style restaurant serves up classic dishes like meatloaf, fried chicken, and mac and cheese. Plus, it's been featured on numerous food shows and is a local favorite.
- For something a little more adventurous, check out Slim & Husky's Pizza Beeria. This hip pizzeria serves up creative pies with unique toppings (think jerk chicken and spinach dip) and has a great selection of local beers.
These are just a few of the many amazing restaurants Nashville has to offer - be sure to explore and try as much as you can during your visit.
Are there any museums or galleries I can visit in Nashville TN?
Absolutely! Nashville has a great selection of museums and galleries to explore. Here are a few of our top picks:
- Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum: This museum is a must-visit for any country music fan. It's packed with artifacts, exhibits, and interactive displays that tell the story of country music and its impact on American culture.
- Frist Art Museum: Located in a stunning Art Deco building, the Frist features a rotating selection of exhibitions from around the world. Whether you're into contemporary art, photography, or sculpture, you're sure to find something to appreciate here.
- Cheekwood Estate & Gardens: This sprawling estate features a mansion-turned-museum filled with art and antiques, as well as stunning botanical gardens and grounds to explore.
- The Parthenon: A full-scale replica of the ancient Greek temple, the Parthenon is a truly unique attraction. Inside, you'll find an art museum featuring American art from the 19th and 20th centuries.
No matter what your interests are, Nashville has something to offer. So why not spend a day exploring the city's vibrant arts and culture scene? What about the nightlife?
In conclusion, Nashville has something for everyone, from incredible food and drink to rich culture and nightlife. Whether you're planning a trip with friends or a bachelorette party, be sure to add these top attractions to your itinerary for an unforgettable experience.